At the IZSAM the ERFAN Secretariat has been established.
As the administrating body of the ERFA-Network and on behalf of member partners, the Secretariat is responsible for implementation of the policies and activities of the scientific network.
AREAS OF ACTION
Secretariat’s areas of action and responsibility include Veterinary Science, International Relations, Project Design, Administration and Finance, Fundraising, translation and interpretation.
Coordination, facilitation and liaison.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES
· Coordinating the activities with local staff to ensure regional/general meetings are efficient and effective;
· Organizing, in terms of logistics and infrastructure, the regional/general meetings with the local support;
· Providing necessary information to partners;
· Preparing summary technical and financial reports for OIE on Working Groups activities;
· Preparing the provisional agenda of meetings, according to the participants;
· Developing and maintaining effective relationships with partners in order to support the working groups and achieve ERFAN objectives;
· Preparing of background data, documentation and synthesis of research results;
· Collecting data on research projects;
· Liaising with third party organizations from the private sector;
· Establishing and maintaining contact with stakeholders, including actively exploring opportunities for joint activities.
The Network’s Secretariat works closely with Working Groups to ensure excellence and continuous improvement in scientific research.