EU-African Union cooperation – linking the activities of the Food and Nutrition Security and Sustainable Agriculture (FNSSA) partnership and those of the Pan-African Network for Economic Analysis of Policies (PANAP)
Under the Horizon Europe Framework Programme, a call has been launched to support science, technology and Innovation in the sustainable agriculture in the African Free Trade Area and in Europe.
Projects results are expected to contribute to all of the following expected outcomes:
- Improved alignment of activities of the FNSSA Research and Innovation Partnership and of the Pan-African Network for Economic Analysis of Policies (PANAP) in the scope of EU-AU cooperation, supporting the implementation of the FNSSA 10-year roadmap and the global transition towards sustainable food systems, providing end users with co-benefits in terms of evidence-based policy analysis supporting food and nutrition security and sustainable agriculture.
- Provide opportunities for exchange in sustainable agricultural and food system policy development and related studies between EU and AU in the context of the EU-AU FNSSA Research and Innovation Partnership and in the framework of PANAP.
- Support African agricultural and food systems policy making process through enhanced cooperation in the area of economic, social and environmental impact (including biodiversity) analysis of policy options for food systems, nutrition performance, agri-food trade, and development of rural areas.
- Fill in the gap between researchers and decision-makers, by fostering dialogues to better understand the duties and responsibilities of stakeholders.
Proposals should address the following:
- Reinforcing capacity building on policy definition and impact analysis by aligning European and African training and capacity building programmes, including exchange opportunities and networking with EU-AU and intra-Africa partners, and developing partnerships between universities.
- Designing actions that will support current and future activities under the PANAP network, building on the FNSSA roadmap and ensuring synergies and complementarities with the FNSSA partnership.
- Providing methods and strategies to promote recognition of the value of integration of scientific support within policy development in Africa and in Europe.
- Using digital technologies and information systems as a means to accelerate the translation of research results into policies.
For more information on Admissibility conditions and Eligible countries, visit EU-African Union cooperation on food and nutrition security and sustainable agriculture.